Indian Chicken CurryChicken Curry: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
This is an Authentic Indian style curried chicken recipe. Also, this is an all time favorite curry cooked with delicious spices. The recipe is quick and easy to make, which is perfect when you’re in a hurry.
This tasty dish goes well with Chapati / tandoori roti / rice / appam / puttu / dosa or idly.
Here is the recipe to tempt your tastebuds with scads of savory spice..!
· Chicken - ½ kg
· Oil - 2 tsp
· Onion - 2
· Tomato - 2
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Ginger - small piece
· Garlic - 6 pods
· Coriander - 1 tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Cumin pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Coriander leaves - handful
· Salt to taste
1. Chop onion to thin slices.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Add onion slices and fry to transculent.
4. Make a puree of tomato, green chilly, ginger, garlic and coriander in a blender.
5. Transfer this puree to pan and mix well.
6. Add turmeric pwd, salt, pepper pwd, cumin pwd and red chilly pwd
7. Stir and add the chicken.
8. Sauté for few minutes, until the chicken absorb the spices to it.
9. Add ½ cup water, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Once the chicken is tender, add garam masala pwd.
11. Combine and remove from flame.
12. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
13. Enjoy hot with whole wheat chapattis, naan, roti or rice.