Brinjal Drumstick Fry / Spicy Brinjal Fry Recipe
Brinjal Drumstick Fry & Awards :
Brinjal Drumstick fry is a lipsmacking Indian food served with rice. This is super simple yet yummy recipe. In this recipe, the chopped drumstick and brinjal are cooked with masalas and deep fried. I love to have this very tasty vegetarian fry with morkuzhambu rice.
So, here is my favorite recipe preparation…!
· Tender brinjals - ¼ kg
· Drumstick chopped - 1 cup
· Oil - 3 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ¼ tsp
· Curry leaves - a few
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Onion - 1
· Tomato small - 2
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
· Thick tamarind pulp - ¾ tsp
· Coriander pwd - ½ tbsp
· Salt to taste
1. Chop drumstick to 3 inch pieces.
2. Slit brinjal lengthwise.
3. Heat a fry pan.
4. Add oil. Temper with mustard, cumin, curry leaves and split urad dal.
5. Add onion and fry till transculent.
6. Add chopped tomato and cook well.
7. Now add turmeric pwd and salt.
8. Drop drumstick in the masala, stir for a minute.
9. Add ½ cup water of water and cook covered.
10. It needs to be just done.
11. Now add chopped brinjal slices.
12. Add red chilly pwd, thick tamarind pulp and coriander pwd.
13. Stir for a while.
14. Close the lid and cook until they are done and the flavors mixed well.
15. Open the lid, so that the curry turns slightly dry.
16. Finally drizzle a tsp of oil to the sides, mix well and remove from flame.
17. Traditional yummy fry ready to enjoy with ricedishes..!