Thenga Manga Pattani Sundal - Marina Beach Special at home..!
As I am basically, a born and brought up Chennaian, am a proud lover of second longest beach in the world, Marina...!!! It is also the favorite meeting point for young lovers.
Whenever, we find free time, we won't miss our chance to enjoy the nature of roaring beach and the lipsmacking beach sundal...! Lots of good memories and times spent here..!
We can see grown up kids selling Thenga Manga Pattani Sundal all over. Tasting the hot and tangy sundals, wrapped in newspaper cones, with watching the sea waves is absolutely unforgettable..!
Love you Marina.. ;)
Let me have the pleasure of sharing this delicious recipe with you..!
· Dried white Peas - 1 cup
· Grated coconut - 3 tbsp
· Grated mango - 3 tbsp
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Asafetida - a pinch
· Red chilly - 1 or 2
· Curry leaves - a few
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Soak peas in water overnight.
2. Pressure cook along with a pinch of salt for 3 whistles.
3. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
5. Chop the coconut, coriander and raw mango into thin and small pieces
6. Split the red chillies to small pieces.
7. Heat oil in a pan.
8. Add mustard, asafetida, red chilly, curry leaves, split urad dal and cumin.
9. Wait to crackle.
10. Add cooked peas and combine.
11. Check for salt.
12. Add grated coconut and mango pieces.
13. Mix well and remove from flame.
14. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Wishing a lovely day to all..!