Spicy Bhindi ( Okra ) Fry
Spicy Bhindi ( Okra ) Fry:
Okra / Bhindi fry is a delicious and spicy side dish which is a great accompaniment with any Southern meal. This tasty fried okra recipe can be made within 10 minutes. Using just a few simple spices, we can make this wonderful dish. We can alter the seasonings according to taste.
Here is the tasty recipe of spicy okra fry..
· Bhindi / Okra - 250 g
· Onion - 1
· Tomato - 1
· Green chilly - 2
· Oil - 2 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Asafetida - a pinch
· Curry leaves - a few
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Wash the okra and pat dry.
2. Slice them to thin pieces.
3. Chop onion, tomato to slices.
4. Slit green chillies.
5. Heat oil in a fry pan.
6. Temper with mustard, cumin, asafetida and curry leaves.
7. Sauté onions till light brown.
8. Add tomatoes and sauté till it is soft.
9. Toss in the sliced okra and green chillies.
10. Add turmeric, red chilly pwd, salt and mix well.
11. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes by closing with lid.
12. Stir gently and drizzle a tsp of oil to sides.
13. Cook until well blended on low heat.
14. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve as side dish...:)