Masala Chai / Indian Spiced Tea:
Masala Chai: Indian Spiced Tea:
Masala Chai is an aromatic spiced beverage, which is popular in many countries. This simple recipe is prepared with spices like cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and pepper. Indian masala chai should be spicy, milky and strong. This magical drink has a refreshing and awesome taste.
This is one of my hubby s favorite recipe for spiced tea and I m glad to share today with you all.
· Cinnamon - 1
· Cloves - 4
· Cardamom - 2
· Ground Ginger - ¼ tsp
· Freshly ground pepper - ¼ tsp
· Milk - ½ cup
· Sugar - 1 tsp
· Black tea - 2 tsp -
1. Crush cinnamon, cloves, cardamom well in a mortar.
2. Add the crushed spices in a small bowl.
3. Add little water, grated ginger, crushed pepper to the bowl
4. Heat for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from flame and keep it covered for 5 minutes.
6. Now add milk, black tea and sugar.
7. Stir well and bring it to boil.
8. Turn off heat and strain it in tea cups.
9. Yummy masala chai ready to give a taste..!