Lucknowi Murgh Biryani:
Lucknowi Murgh Biryani is an amazingly flavorsome biryani. It is very popular in Delhi and Lucknow. It is originated from the Moghul Cuisine. In this recipe, the layered curried rice is prepared with Basmati rice and chicken n cooked in delicious spicy ingredients.
Here comes the recipe of the most admired dish of India..!!!
·Basmati rice - 2 cups
·Chicken - ½ kg
·Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
·Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
·Yoghurd - 1 small cup
·Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
·Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
·Oil - 3 tbsp
·Ghee - 1 tbsp
·Cloves - 2
·Cinnamon - 2
·Peppercorns - 6
·Saunf - ¼ tsp
·Cumin - ½ tsp
·Onion big - 2
·Tomato - 2
·Green chilly - 2
·Mint and coriander leaves - handful
·Garam masala pwd - ½ tbsp
·Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak basmati rice for 5 to 10 minutes
2. Drain and keep it aside.
3. Clean the chicken and marinate with turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, yoghurd, cumin pwd and ginger garlic paste.
4. Heat oil in a fry pan.
5. Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and peppercorns.
6. Wait to crackle.
7. Now add rice, fluff gently.
8. Add salt and hot water.
9. Cook until soft.
10. Allow to cool and separate into individual grains.
11. Heat oil with a tbsp of ghee.
12. Add saunf, cumin seeds and wait to crackle.
13. Add chopped onion slices and fry to golden.
14. Add chopped tomato, green chilly and sauté for a minute.
15. Add freshly chopped mint and coriander leaves.
16. Combine well.
17. Now add garam masala pwd and the marinated chicken mixture.
18. Fry until the oil separates.
19. Add 1 cup of hot water and allow the chicken to get cooked by covering with lid.
20. Once the chicken is tender, remove from flame.
21. In a deep dish, spread layers of cooked basmati rice and top it with chicken curry.
22. Place in a hot oven for 10 minutes.
23. Garnish with sliced eggs.
24. Serve hot with onion raitha and spicy brinjal curry.
25. Delicious lucknowi murgh biryani ready to enjoy..:)