Beetroot Stir Fry
Beetroot Stir Fry:
Beetroot stir fry is a colorful as well as nutritious dish. It takes only very less time to prepare. This simple delectable dish is very healthy and attractive as well. In this recipe, chopped beets are sauted and seasoned with cumin, mustard and onion pieces.
This simple vegetable dish combines excellent with sambar rice, karakuzhambu rice or just on its own.
Here comes the easy Indian food recipe..:)
· Beetroot - 2
· Oil - 1 tsp
· Onion - ½
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Split urad dal - ½ tsp
· Green chilly - 1
· Curry leaves - few
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and peel off the skin of beetroot.
2. Slice to small pieces.
3. Heat oil in a frypan.
4. Add mustard, cumin, split urad dal, curry leaves and green chilly .
5. Sauté for a minute.
6. Add chopped onion and fry till transculent.
7. Add beetroot pieces, salt and combine.
8. Pour little water and cover with lid.
9. Allow to cook in medium flame.
10. Give a stir in between.
11. After the pieces are cooked, stir well to dry.
12. Remove from heat.