Vermicelli Veg Biryani / Semiya Biryani
Vermicelli Veg Biryani: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Yesterday, I was in a mood to prepare something different for packing lunch to my kid. I tried out this quick and easy recipe and it solved my what to cook for lunch box dilemma.
This biryani tasted great and my kid loved eating this vermicelli biryani so much, that he asked me to give frequently to school...!
Happy to share with you this delicious and tasty recipe!
Ingredients:· Vermicelli / Semiya - 250 g
· Ghee - 1 tbsp
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Mixed vegetables chopped - 1 cup
· Grated coconut - ½ cup
· Cinnamon - 1
· Cloves - 2
· Saunf - ¼ tsp
· Ginger - small piece
· Garlic - 4 pods
· Cardamom - 2
· Green chilly - 2 or 3
· Bay leaf - 1
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Onion - 2
· Mint and coriander leaves chopped - ½ cup
· Salt to taste
Method1. Grind cinnamon, cloves, saunf, ginger, garlic, green chillies, cardamom to smooth paste and keep ready.
2. Chop the veggies to small pieces.
3. Grind grated coconut pieces to smooth paste with little water.
4. Filter and keep the coconut milk ready.
5. Heat a tbsp of ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.
6. Roast vermicelli for a minute without changing its color.
7. Take it aside.
8. Add a tbsp of oil in the same pan and heat it.
9. Temper with cumin seeds and bay leaf.
10. Wait to crackle.
11. Add chopped onion and fry till golden.
12. Add the ground masala paste and sauté till raw smell disappears.
13. Now add the chopped carrot, cauliflower, beans and peas.
14. Mix well. Add chopped mint and coriander leaves and sauté.
15. Add coconut milk, salt and bring to boil.
16. Then, add the roasted vermicelli.
17. Stir well and allow to cook, covered in medium flame.
18. Once , the vermicelli absorbs all the coconut milk, simmer the flame and cook for further 4 to 5 mins.
19. Remove from flame and fluff the semiya biryani gently.
20. Serve hot with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
21. Yummy vermicelli biryani tastes awesome with raita and crisp chips.:)