Methi Dal / Dal with Spinach / Fenugreek Leaves / Palak Dal
Methi Dal is a nutritious recipe made from toor dal and methi leaves. This is very healthy and flavorful with a tangy taste. Also this is easy to prepare and serves a perfect combination with plain rice, roti or chapatti.
Some of the health facts of Methi / Fenugreek leaves:
· Helps in relieving burning sensation due to hyper acidity in stomach.
· To relieve sore throat, throat pain, tonsillitis, dyspnoea and cough.
· Helps significantly to relieve from cough without any sideeffects.
· Treats urinary infection.
· Fenugreek powder is an excellent remedy for dandruff in hair.
· Keeps hair shiny and silky.
· Helps in lowering blood sugar.
· It is a digestive aid and it is also used in diabetes in conjunction with insulin.
Lets see the easy recipe of very healthy methi dal..!
· Fenugreek ( Methi ) leaves - 1 bunch
· Toor dal - 1 cup
· Onion - 1
· Tomato - 1
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Asafetida pwd - ¼ tsp
· Fresh lemon juice - 1 tsp
· Ghee - 1 tsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Clean, wash and chop the methi leaves to small pieces.
2. Cook it with chopped onion, tomato, green chilly and salt.
3. Mash them in a blender just for two seconds.
4. In a pressure cooker, cook dal with turmeric pwd, asafetida pwd.
5. Allow to cool and mash it to smooth paste.
6. Add this to the cooked spinach mixture.
7. Mix well adding a tsp of fresh lemon juice.
8. Heat a tsp of ghee in a small fry pan.
9. Temper with mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
10. Pour this to the dal spinach and combine.
11. Yummy and healthy dal spinach ready to taste.
12. Tastes great with hot steamed rice or as side dish with roti, chapatti and dosa...:)