Crunchy Spicy Corn Fritters / Corn Appetizer
Crunchy Spicy Corn Fritters:
Spicy Corn Fritters is a real treat with amazing taste. This is always an instant hit when entertaining or as a evening snack with tea. You can use fresh corn kernels or frozen ones, but my choice is for fresh sweet kernels.
This delicious fritters are made with besan flour and kernel corn. It takes only minutes together to prepare this fritter batter. It tastes zesty and awesome, by serving it hot with a selection of chutneys or tomato ketchup…!
Try out this scrumptious corn appetizer..;)
· Corn kernels - 1 cup
· Gram flour / chick pea flour / besan flour - 1 cup
· Rice flour - ½ cup
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Ginger - small piece
· Cumin pwd - 1 tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Onion - 1
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Oil to fry
· Salt to taste
· Freshly chopped coriander leaves
1. Take fresh corn kernels in a bowl.
2. Add little water and cook until it is tender.
3. Drain and reserve.
4. If you are using frozen corn kernels, microwave it for 3 minutes.
5. In a mixing bowl, add gram flour, rice flour, red chilly pwd, grated ginger, cumin pwd, turmeric pwd, salt and garam masala pwd.
6. Chop onion to fine slices and slit green chilly to small pieces.
7. Add this to the bowl, add cooked kernels and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
8. Combine well. Add little water to form a thick batter.
9. Heat oil in a fry pan.
10. Take a lemon sized ball out of the batter, pat it flat.
11. Drop it in hot oil.
12. Deep fry until it is golden brown on all sides.
13. Drain and place in kitchen tissue.
14. Serve hot with tomato sauce or any chutneys...:)