Avarakai Poriyal / Broad Beans Fry / Indian Beans Fry
Avarakai Poriyal : ( Broad Beans Fry )
Broad Beans Fry is a simple every day South Indian Vegetable recipe. This is easy to prepare and makes a glorious side dish for all rice meals.
Even though, I m not a big fan of this vegetable, I like this poriyal in my mother’s tinge...!
In this recipe, the broad beans is cooked with spicy ingredients and curry leaves.
Enjoy the palatable taste of this delicious fry..:)
Ingredients:· Avarakai / Broad beans / Indian beans - ¼ kg
· Oil - 2 tsp
· Onion - 1
· Tomato - 1
· Garlic - 4 pods
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Red chilly - 1 or 2
· Asafetida - a pinch
· Curry leaves - a few
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
· Coriander pwd - ½ tbsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and slice avarakai to small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a fry pan.
3. Temper with mustard, cumin seeds, red chilly, asafefita and curry leaves.
4. Add chopped onion and fry till it turns soft.
5. Add chopped garlic pieces and sauté for few seconds.
6. Add chopped tomato pieces and fry.
7. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, salt and combine.
8. Add sliced broad beans and stir, until it is soft.
9. Add ¼ cup water and close with a lid, till the beans cook.
10. Keep the flame in simmer and drizzle a tsp of oil to sides.
11. Stir and let it remain for 2 to 3 mins.
12. Serve with hot steamed rice, dal spinach, rasam and crispy chips...:)