Sura Puttu /Shark Puttu /Shark Mince Fry - Fish Recipes
Sura ( Shark ) Puttu: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Shark puttu is a very tasty and famous recipe from South Indian Cuisine. This is my favorite dish and love the hot and spicy taste of my Mom’s recipe. She used to prepare this more often for us.
It tastes delicious as side dish with rice, chapattis or bread.
Try this quick and easy Indian authentic recipe and enjoy..!
· Shark - ½ kg
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Onion - 2
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Green chillies - 3 or 4
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Freshly chopped coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
1. Wash the shark pieces.
2. Boil water in a bowl and cook the shark pieces by adding a pinch of salt and turmeric pwd.
3. Once the shark flesh is cooked, ( approximaterly 5 to 8 mins ) turn off flame.
4. Allow to cool and peel off the skin.
5. Remove the bones and thorns of the fish.
6. Scramble the cooked flesh and keep aside.
7. Heat oil in a fry pan.
8. Add chopped onion and fry till golden.
9. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute in low flame.
10. Add green chillies slit lengthwise and stir.
11. Now add the mashed fish flakes, salt, turmeric pwd and stir gently.
12. Keep the flame moderate and sauté well.
13. Keep turning over frequently approximately for 5 mins.
14. Fry until the puttu lets out an appetizing aroma and turns golden brown.
15. Turn off the flame.
16. Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and stir well.
17. Delicious n spicy Sura puttu ready to serve hot,
18. It tastes divine with hot onion sambar rice..:)