Dal Makhani / Kali Dal / Healthy Side Dish Recipes for Roti
Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Dal makhani is a treasured staple food from Punjabi’s Cuisine. This popular dish, which is available in every Indian restaurant, is rich in protein & tastes awesome and spicy.
In this recipe, the black urad dal and red kidney bean is cooked on low heat in tomato puree and fresh cream. And I love the rich creamy texture and thick consistency. This dish combines ideal with chapati, roti, naan or rice.
Enjoy this most characteristic signature dish of Punjab now..!
· Black urad dal - 1 cup
· Rajma - ¼ cup
· Curd - ½ cup
· Fresh cream - ½ cup
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Onion - 2
· Green chilly - 2
· Tomato puree - ½ cup
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
· Coriander pwd - ½ tbsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tbsp
· Butter - 2 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Freshly chopped coriander leaves
1. Clean and soak the black urad dal and rajma overnight.
2. Cook it with water and little salt in pressure cooker until it is soft.
3. Over cook it so that the dal is completely mashed.
4. Add 1 cup of curd and fresh cream and stir in medium flame for 5 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a fry pan.
6. Add cumin and wait to splutter.
7. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
8. Add chopped onion and fry till transculent.
9. Add green chillies, tomato puree and fry till oil separates.
10. Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd and salt.
11. Sauté for a minute.
12. Add dal mixture and combine well.
13. Cook on medium flame for 4 to 5 mins.
14. Remove from flame .
15. Add garam masala pwd and butter.
16. Mix and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
17. Enjoy hot with chapatti, roti, naan or rice...:)
Hugs n Smiles..!!!