Coriander Rice / Cilantro Rice / Kothumalli Sadam
Cilantro Rice: For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Cilantro rice is an appetizing rice, quite simple to prepare and flavorsome. The fresh coriander leaves are made paste and tossed with ghee and rice.
This tasty rice is one of kids favorite & ideal for lunch box menu !
No doubt kids love to eat colorful variety dish with delicious aroma.
Cilantro leaves gives an distinctive flavor to food and it has high nutritional value.
Lets see some of the health facts
· Cilantro leaves are good for treating nausea and intestinal gas.
· It is a good source of dietary fibre.
· It helps in lowering bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol.
· It stimulates the secretion of insulin and lowers blood sugar.
· It has anti inflammatory properties ant alleviates the symptoms of arthritis.
· It helps to cure food borne sickness.
· Helps in reducing fever with offering a feeling of coolness.
· It acts as powerful stimulants and tonics for stomach and promotes digestion.
Here is the very simple and quick recipe..
· Fresh Coriander leaves - 1 bunch
· Basmati rice - 2 cups
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Cashew - 6
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Red chilly - 2 or 3
· Urad dal - ½ tsp
· Bay leaf - 1
· Cinnamon - 1
· Cloves - 2
· Onion - 1
· Ginger garlic paste - ½ tbsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and chop coriander leaves to small pieces.
2. Put in a blender and make a paste of it adding little water.
3. Wash and cook basmati rice and keep ready.
4. Heat oil in a fry pan.
5. Roast cashews to golden and drain aside.
6. Temper with cumin, red chillies, urad dal, bay leaf, cinnamon and clove.
7. Add chopped onion and sauté till it turns soft.
8. Sauté ginger garlic paste in medium heat for 2 mins.
9. Mix the coriander paste, salt and stir well.
10. Allow to cook till the oil separates out.
11. Now add the cooked rice.
12. Fluff gently.
13. Remove from flame.
14. Garnish with golden cashews
15. Serve hot with onion raitha.
Have a great day..!!!