Schezwan Paneer Recipe / Chinese Schezwan Paneer
Last week, we had eaten this in an lovely Indo Chinese restaurant and I really liked this spicy taste. I tried this recipe at home , and it turned out awesome. It is easy to prepare and tastes great with fried rice, noodles, naan, chapatti or roti.
In this recipe, the spicy schezwan sauce is prepared and it is mixed with shallow fried paneer cubes. Also, you can sizzle up any of your favorite vegetables, instead of paneer.
Sure, schezwan paneer is a delicious treat for all spice lovers !
· Onion - 1
· Capsicum - 1
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Paneer - 100 g
· Maida - ¼ cup
For preparing Sauce:
· Soya sauce - 2 tbsp
· Corn flour - 1 tbsp
· Tomato sauce - 2 tbsp
· Vegetable stock - 1 ½ cup
· Red chilly - 2
· Garlic pods crushed - 1 tsp
· Red chilly pwd - ½ tsp
· Pepper - 1 tsp
· Brown sugar - 1 tsp
· Vinegar - 1 tsp
· Tomato puree - 2 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a deep fry pan.
2. Cube paneer to small pieces and coat with thin maida paste.
3. Shallow fry in oil.
4. Add chopped onions and fry till transculent and soft.
5. Add capsicum and sauté for 10 secs in medium flame.
6. Now add the prepared sauce and combine well.
7. Allow to cook for 5 mins in simmer with lid.
8. When the sauce thickens add fried paneer.
9. Stir gently.
10. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
11. If the mixture is too thick, add little water as needed.
12. Remove from heat and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
13. Ready to enjoy with hot rotis or chapattis.
Have a great day..!!!