Chicken Chettinad / Spicy Chicken Fry / Easy Chicken Curry
Chicken Chettinad: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
I am a fan of Chettinad Cuisine and love the authentic spicy taste very much. Chicken Chettinad is a delicious and very popular dish in almost all Indian Non Veg restaurants. I tried this yesterday, when we had invited our friends for dinner. And it turned out awesome..!
In this recipe, the chicken is cooked with spices and tastes great with parathas, naan, roti, chapathi or even plain boiled rice.
You’ll love this simple and delicious Indian Chicken curry…:)
· Chicken - ½ kg
· Oil - 3 tbsp
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Cinnamon - 1
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Cardamom - 1 or 2
· Red chilly - 6
· Grated coconut - ½ cup
· Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
· Ginger - small piece
· Garlic - 6 pods
· Onion - 2
· Tomato puree - ¾ cup
· Curry leaves - handful
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Coriander leaves
1. Clean chicken and chop to small pieces
2. Heat a tsp of oil in a fry pan.
3. Add cumin, cloves, cinnamon, saunf, cardamom, red chillies, grated coconut , coriander seeds and sauté till nice aroma comes out.
4. Allow to cool and make a paste of it adding ginger and garlic.
5. Heat oil and fry chopped onion pieces.
6. Sauté till it turns light brown.
7. Add curry leaves, turmeric pwd, salt and ground masala paste.
8. Combine well.
9. Add tomato puree and stir well.
10. Allow to cook for 2 mins.
11. Now add chicken pieces fry for a minute.
12. Add 1 cup water and cook the chicken covered in medium heat.
13. Cook till chicken is tender.
14. Add lemon juice and stir.
15. Remove from flame once the desired gravy has attained.
16. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves
17. Enjoy chicken chettinad hot with chapattis, roti or naan.
Have a great day..!!!