Bread Upma / Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Bread Upma: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Bread upma is a healthy and easy to make dish. It's a very good break fast menu or can be even had as evening snack.
I make this often enough as it is quite easy to make & tastes delicious..! in this recipe, Fresh bread is sliced to small pieces and cooked in oil and spices.
Here is the simple and tasty recipe…:)
· Bread - 7 to 8 pieces
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly - 1 or 2
· Cumin - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - 4 to 5
· Asafetida - a pinch
· Urad dal - ½ tsp
· Onion - 1
· Tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Sugar - 1 tsp
· Salt to taste
1. Trim the edges and cut bread to small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a fry pan.
3. Temper with mustared, cumin, red chilly, curry leaves, asafetida and urad dal.
4. Add chopped onions and fry till golden.
5. Add a tbsp of tomato ketchup , turmeric pwd, salt and combine.
6. Add bread pieces and sauté for a minute.
7. Add sugar and mix well.
8. Remove from flame.
9. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
10. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
11. Healthy n delicious bread upma ready to enjoy..!
Have a lovely day..!