Spicy Vegetable Sandwich
Spicy Vegetable Sandwich recipe I share here is one I prepared Today. This easy and nutritious sandwich made my kids wanting for more & more. ... :)
This sandwich is a delicious and filling food , ideal for breakfast , evening snack or makes a great lunch. And this yummy sandwich is made with butter toasted bread with a spicy vegetable stuffing.
The basic ingredients for veg sandwich are to be found here..
- Sliced bread - 1 loaf
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Carrot - 1
- Peas - ¼ cup
- Potato - 1
- Beans - few
- Ginger - small piece
- Garlic - 3
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - a pinch
- Garam masala pwd - 1 tbsp
- Tomato sauce - 1 tbsp
- Coriander pwd - ¼ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Wash and chop the vegetables to small pieces.
- Cook with little salt till it is soft.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Add onion pieces and fry to golden.
- Add ginger and garlic pieces, and sauté till raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomato, coriander leaves and fry for a minute.
- Allow to cool.
- Grind in a blender to smooth paste.
- In the same fry pan, add a tsp of oil.
- Add the ground paste, add turmeric pwd, garam masala pwd, tomato sauce, coriander pwd and combine.
- Add the cooked vegeatables and mix well.
- Stir in low flame till the filling attains thicker.
- Turn off the flame.
- Spicy veg filling is ready.
- Toast bread slices by smearing butter.
- Take one toasted bread, spread the spicy vegetable filling.
- Sprinkle chopped onion and coriander pieces.
- Cover with another toasted bread.
- Press well.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.
- Healthy n tasty vegetable sandwich ready to enjoy..:)
Have a lovely day !