Moong Dal Sambar
Today, I bring for you a delicious side dish for Idly, dosa, chapati & poori. This is pretty simple recipe to prepare. I make this very often. Moong dal is rich in protein and this sambar is a healthy way to include high amounts of protein in our diet.
Here is the easy and tasty simple recipe for moongdal sambar…!
Try and Enjoy!
- Moong dal - 1 cup
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Green chilly - 2
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Cumin - ½ tsp
- Asafetida - ¼ tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and pressure cook the dal till it is done.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard, cumin, curry leaves and asafetida.
- Wait to crackle.
- Add onion pieces and fry till transculent.
- Add green chillies and tomatoes.
- Fry till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add turmeric pwd and salt.
- Add ½ cup water and allow to boil.
- Smash the cooked moong dal and add to the pan.
- If required add water , depending on the consistency of sambar you prefer.
- Taste and adjust salt.
- Delicious moongdal sambar ready to enjoy with hot, soft chapatis.:)
Wishing a lovely day to all..!