Mango rice is a tasty and tangy dish made with raw green mango. It is one of the popular variety rice recipe and ideal for lunch box menu. It is very quick to prepare.
The grated raw sour mangoes are cooked in spices and mixed with cooked rice. It has a unique and delicious flavor and combines excellent with potato chips or any veg curry.
Here is an easy and delicious Mango rice recipe just for you…!
Enjoy its ravishing taste..!!!
- Green mango - 1
- Raw rice - 1 cup
- Gingely oil - 1 tsp
- Ghee / veg oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Cumin - ¼ tsp
- Chana dal - 1 tsp
- Toor dal - 1 tsp
- Cashew - 5
- Peanuts - 10
- Curry leaves - 5 or 6
- Red chilly - 1 or 2
- Asafetida - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Wash and peel the skin of raw mango.
- Grate to fine pieces.
- Cook the rice and allow to warm.
- Add a tsp of gingely oil and spread so that each grains are separate.
- Heat a frying pan and add 1 tbsp of ghee or oil.
- Add mustard, cumin, urad dal, chana dal, toor dal, cashew, peanuts, curry leaves, red chilly, asafetida and sauté for a minute.
- Add the grated mango and salt.
- Sauté for few minutes in medium heat , until the mango is cooked and raw smell disappears.
- Remove from heat up and set aside.
- Add this to the cooked rice and fluff thoroughly.
- Tangy and tasty mango rice ready to enjoy with roasted papad or potato chips.
Have a lovely day..!