(Spicy N Hot Indian Fish Cake)
Fish Cutlet is a yummy recipe which is very easy to make and tastes awesome. This is one of my husband’s favorite dish. In this recipe fish is cooked with Indian spices and flavored with onion, chillies and lime. This can be best served as an snack or appetizer.
Try out this scrumptious Fish Cutlet recipe today and enjoy!
- Fish fillets - ¼ kg
- Potato - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
- Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 1
- Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
- Egg - 1
- Bread crumps - ½ cup
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- Wash and clean the fish.
- Boil potatoes, mash them and keep ready.
- In a heavy bottomed fry pan, heat a tbsp of oil.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add red chilly pwd, turmeric pwd, garam masala pwd, pepper pwd,lemon juice , salt and combine well.
- Add the fish fillets and sauté.
- Now add little water and cook the fish covered.
- Once it is done, allow to cool, shred the fish and mix the contents.
- In another pan, add oil and fry chopped onion pieces to golden.
- Add tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Now add the shredded fish and mashed potatoes.
- Combine well and turn off the flame.
- Add chopped cilantro and allow to cool.
- Make small balls out of the mixture and lightly flatten it to round shape.
- Dip in beaten egg and coat it with bread crumps.
- Heat oil in a pan , Shallow fry till it turns crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Have a lovely day,