Coconut chutney with hot soft idly and golden crisp dosa is one of my favorite breakfast menu. Coconut chutney is a classic accompaniment and tastes great with many South Indian tiffin dishes like upma, utappam, vada , etc. It is very quick and easy to prepare. The color of chillies decides the color of chutney and it has an appetizing greenish white color.
Here is the traditional coconut chutney recipe for you..!
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Green chilly - 1 or 2
- Fried gram dal - ½ cup
- Ginger - little
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Cumin - ½ tsp
- Red chilly - 1
- Asafetida - a pinch
- Curry leaves - 3 to 4
- Split urad dal - ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Put the grated coconut, green chilly, fried gram dal, salt, ginger in a blender.
- Add little water and grind to fine paste.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- In a small fry pan, heat a tsp of oil.
- Add mustard, cumin, asafetida, curry leaves, red chilly, split urad dal.
- Wait to splutter.
- Add to the bowl and mix the contents.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Tasty coconut chutney ready to enjoy with sofy n delicious idly & dosa..:)