Ribbon Pakoda is one of the most loved anytime savory. This tastes spicy, crispy and very easy to do snack. It is made from gram / besan flour and rice flour. As this is very tasty and crispy, my kids & DH finished it off in no time…: )
Lets see the easy way to prepare this popular South Indian Snack now..
- Gram flour - 1 ½ cup
- Rice flour - 2 cup
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
- Hing - ¼ tsp
- Butter - 50 g
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Take gram flour, rice flour, red chilly powder, salt and asafetida pwd in a bowl.
- Mix well. Sprinkle little water, add butter and knead to smooth dough.
- Keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed kadhai.
- Grease the ribbon pakoda strainer / press with oil.
- Take a handful of dough in the press, close with ribbon pakoda mould.
- Sqeeze it in hot oil in big circles.
- Keep the flame in medium and fry to golden .
- Keep flipping till both sides turn crispy.
- Take it out and place in kitchen tissue to remove excess oil.
- Allow to warm and store in air tight containers.
- Crispy , yummy snack ready to relish...!
Have a wonderful day..!