Red Radish Leaves Curry / Red Spinach Masiyal / Spicy Dal Palak
Red Spinach Masiyal:
I m happy to share with you today the spicy dal palak recipe, which is very simple to prepare and tastes delicious.
Red Spinach ( Radish leaves ) are termed as Mullangi Keerai in Tamil. This spinach is a rich source of Vitamin A, C, K, iron, calcium and beta- carotene.
This nutritious curry combines excellent with any Indian meal or with roti.
Try this tasty and healthy spinach curry recipe today!
- Red spinach - 1 bunch
- Toor dal - ½ cup
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Green chilly - 1 or 2
- Garlic - 2 pods
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Cumin - ½ tsp
- Urad dal - ¼ tsp
- Asafetida - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Wash the spinach leaves and drain the water completely.
- Cut the leaves to small pieces.
- Chop onion, tomato, garlic, green chillies.
- Wash and cook the toor dal in a pressure pan, until it is done.
- Heat a non stick pan.
- Add the spinach leaves, salt, green chillies, onion, tomato, garlic and cook covered with ½ cup of water in medium flame.
- Once the contents are cooked and soft, remove from flame.
- Allow to cool.
- Mash the spinach to coarse paste in a blender.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the cooked dal and combine.
- In a small fry pan, heat a tsp of oil.
- Add mustard, cumin, urad dal, asafetida and allow to splutter.
- Add this to the spinach masiyal.
- Mix well.
- Healthy and delicious Masiyal ready to enjoy with steamed white rice or roti.:)
Archana of ‘ The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen’ has passed me this wonderful Awards. Thanks a mill for this great looking Awards Archana. So awesome of you to think of me..!!!I would like to pass this to ALL my loving Friends who share the passion for cooking.Have a lovely day..!Jay