Hyderabadi Veg Dum Biryani
Hyderabadi Veg Dum Biryani: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Hyderabadi Vegetable Dum Biryani is an amazingly flavorful main course rice dish. The chopped vegetables in a spicy masala is a rich treat to all Veg Lovers. In this recipe , the biryani is cooked partly on steam / dum to reatain the aroma and taste.
This staple food of Hyderabadi cuisine is a traditional celebration meal and is most popular of all other versions of biryani recipes.
Lets see the recipe of delicious Hyderabadi Dum biryani..you should try!
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Garam masala pwd - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 2
- Vegetables chopped ( carrot, peas, beans, potato ) - 1 ½ cup
- Green chilly - 2
- Saffron - few strands
- Milk - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - ¼ cup
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - a pinch
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
- Curd - 1 cup
- Cashew - 6
- Raisins - 8
- Mint and coriander leaves - ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 5 mins.
- Drain the water.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of water, sprinkle salt and garam masala.
- Combine well and cook until done.
- Allow to warm, separate the rice grains and keep it aside.
- Chop onions, vegetables, slice green chillies lengthwise.
- Soak saffron in warm milk for 10 mins.
- Heat a heavy bottomed fry pan and add ghee.
- Add remaining garam masala pwd and sauté for a minute.
- Add onions and fry to light brown.
- Add green chillies, ginger garlic paste and sauté further.
- Now add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, salt, chopped vegetables and stir well in medium flame.
- Divide curd to two equal portions.
- Add one portion of curd, combine well.
- Now add half cup of water and allow the vegetables to cook covered.
- Simmer until the vegetables are done.
- Add half of the freshly chopped coriander , mint leaves and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Dissolve saffron soaked in milk to second portion of curd.
- Sprinkle half of this over the cooked vegetables.
- Spread half of the cooked rice and sprinkle again the remaining mint , coriander leaves and saffron curd.
- Now top it with remaining rice.
- Spread fried onion, cashew, raisins evenly on top of rice.
- Seal it with a moist white cloth on top tightly.
- Keep it in dum for 10 to 15 mins.
- Remove from flame and fluff the rice gently.
Have a lovely day..!