Today, for breakfast I prepared Vegetable Kurma and chapattis. This mixed vegetable kurma recipe, I learnt from my Mom. And this is famous for its rich, creamy, mildly spiced and aromatic tempting flavor. It tastes excellent with a delicious combination of mixed vegetables and a very healthy food and good on proteins. It combines best with Roti , Naan & Appam too..!
Here is the exotic recipe..try it and see..:)
- Carrot , beans, potato, cauli flower florets, cabbage, capsicum, raddish & peas - 2 cups
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Saunf - ¼ tsp
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon - 1
- Onion - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Garam masala pwd - ½ tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - a pinch
- Red chilly pwd - ½ tbsp
- Coriander pwd - ½ tbsp
- Tomato - 2
- Green chilly - 3 or 4
- Grated coconut - ¼ cup
- Cashew - 5
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Chop all the vegetables in desired size and boil them in a cup of water with addition of little salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, add saunf, cloves and cinnamon, wait to crackle.
- Fry onions and ginger garlic paste, to light brown.
- Add garam masala pwd, turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd and sauté for 2 to 3 mins.
- Make a paste of tomato and green chilly.
- Add the above paste and cook the mixture till oil separates.
- Add ½ cup water and allow to cook covered.
- Once the kurma thickens, add all the cooked vegetables.
- Grind the grated coconut and cashew to paste with little water.
- Add the above paste and combine.
- Taste and adjust salt and seasonings.
- Allow to boil for 2 mins.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Enjoy hot with Chapatti, Roti or Naan..!!!
Have a Nice day..!!!