Mysore Pak ( Ghee laden sweet ) is one of the major attraction of South Indian dessert.
This delicious sweet has its origin from Karnataka especially named after Mysore.
The traditional softy taste lies in the perfect blending of ingredients in low heat. The main ingredients are Bengal gram flour, sugar and lots of ghee...!!!
And this tasty desert can be make easily within 20 minutes and can be stored in air tight containers for weeks together.
Lets see the easy recipe here…!
- Gram flour - 2 cups
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Ghee - 1 ½ cup
- Take a thick bottomed heavy pan.
- Heat a tbsp of ghee.
- Add gram flour and roast in low flame till rich aroma fragrance.
- Take care not to burn and keep stirring.
- Remove from flame, transfer to a plate and keep it aside.
- Heat sugar with ½ cup water and stir well.
- Once it reaches oily consistency, add slowly the roasted flour and stir continuously, ensuring no lumps are formed.
- When it is blended, add the hot ghee slowly with combine well.
- Keep stirring , until the mixture turns frothy and ghee separates out.
- Remove from flame and transfer to a ghee greased plate.
- Flatten it and allow to warm.
- Cut it to desired shapes.
- Yummy, ghee mysore pak ready to taste:)
Happy New Year..!