Mixed Sprouts Masala
Mixed Sprouts Masala:
Mixed Sprouts Masala is one of my favourite and tastes excellent. Frequently, I prepare this for dinner as side dish for chapattis. The combination of mixed sprouts will give different texture, flavor, color , giving the masala a appetizing healthy flavor. This is a hearty “ well balanced “ dish and quick to make.
Sprouts are deliciously fresh, colourful and provides us highest amount of vitamins, minerals, proteins, fibre and enzymes. They improve the efficiency of digestion. You can sprout them at home or it is available at all leading Indian departmental stores.
Here is the easy recipe to enhance our healthy diet..!!
- Mixed Sprouts - 100 g ( available in Indian departmental stores )
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 2
- Red chilly - 2 or 3
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon - 1
- Cumin - ½ tsp
- Chana masala pwd - 1 tbsp
- Red chilly pwd - ½ tbsp
- Coriander pwd - ½ tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Boil the mixed sprouts with a cup of water, pinch of salt & turmeric pwd in pressure cooker for one whistle.
- The dal should be cooked tender , but not mushy.
- Take a thick fry pan.
- Add oil and heat it.
- Add chopped onion and sauté to golden.
- Add ginger, garlic paste and sauté till raw smell disappears.
- Add red chilly and chopped tomato.
- Fry further for 2 mins.
- Allow to cool and grind to coarse paste.
- In the fry pan, heat oil.
- Add cloves, cinnamon and cumin seeds.
- Allow to splutter.
- Add this ground coarse paste.
- Combine well.
- Add chana masala pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, salt and combine well.
- Keep the flame low and allow to cook for 2 mins.
- Finally add the cooked sprouts.
- Mix and allow it to simmer for 5 mins with a closed lid.
- Take it off the stove and serve hot with chopped coriander leaves garnishing.
- Combines excellent with chapatti, puri, roti, dosa and with naan...:)
Try n Enjoy....!!!