Milagu Vadai / Peppercorn Fritters
This is a very famous South Indian recipe. Milagu Vadai also famously called as Anjaneyar Vadai or Hanumar Kovil Vadai, since this is a special offering for Lord Anjeneya.
This Milagu Vadai is pretty simple to prepare with very few ingredients and tastes divine with a cup of hot coffee on a chilly day..!
Here comes the recipe of crispy fried snack …:))
- Urad dal - 1 cup
- Pepper corn - 1 tsp
- Cumin - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - 7 or 8
- Rice flour - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Oil to fry
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the urad dal for 2 hours.
- Drain the water completely.
- Grind to coarse paste, adding pepper corns, salt, cumin.
- Add drops of water, that is enough to grind in blender.
- Take the thick coarse batter in a bowl.
- Heat oil in fry pan.
- Add chopped curry leaves, rice flour, ghee to the batter and mix well.
- Take small lemon sized ball out of batter.
- Pat it flat on a greased plastic sheet.
- Drop gently in hot oil.
- Deep fry in medium heat.
- Once it turns crisp and golden color on both sides, take it out.
- Place it on kitchen tissue to remove excess oil.
- Yummy & healthy snack ready to enjoy with hot coffee.
Have a Nice day..!!!