Lemon Rice / Visit to the Zoo
Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Lemon Rice & Visit to the Zoo
Last week as our kids are on holiday, we decided for a family picnic. Since, we had not been to Zoo in recent years, we decided it would be a perfect day out for all of us...! And, absolutely it is..!!!
It s great to get out in nature and to see all the bigger animals and little critters in their environment...!!
We prepared South Indian delicious rice dish, Lemon rice.
It seems to be a good option for packing lunch. It is very easy to prepare , when we are in a hurry ...with few ingredients. And it tastes very refreshing and tangy. The citric in the lemon rice aids in the absorption of iron in our body, due to its high Vit C content.
Here comes the simple & easy to make recipe..:)
- Rice - 2 cups
- Lemon - 2 or 3
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Cumin - ½ tsp
- Asafetida pwd - a pinch
- Green chilly - 2
- Chana dal - 2 tbsp
- Urad dal - 1 tbsp
- Cashew - 6
- Peanuts - 10
- Turmeric pwd - a pinch
- Curry & coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak raw rice for 10 mins.
- Cook it and spread in a wide bowl to warm.
- Add 1 tsp oil and salt mix well.
- Now sqeeze lemon juice and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard, asafetida, chana dal, green chillies, urad dal, peanuts, cashew, turmeric pwd , cumin and curry leaves.
- Allow to splutter .
- Turn off flame and add lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Add this mixture to the above prepared rice and combine.
- Tasty and healthy lemon rice ready to taste
- Serve with spicy chips or roasted papad.
Love to share some of the Beautiful Clicks from
Arignar Anna Zoological Park ( Chennai )
Thrilling Lion Safari: