Kothumalli Thuvaiyal / Coriander leaves / Cilantro Leaves Thuvailyal
This simple, quick n tangy thuvaiyal is my Grandma’s recipe. This is made from freshly chopped coriander leaves, also more commonly known as cilantro. This leaves are a very good source of dietary fiber and good source of iron, magnesium and manganese.
And this thuvaiyal goes well with idly, dosa, roti, chapatti and also with plain rice or curd rice.
To prepare this delicious thuvaiyal, here’s all we need..
- Coriander leaves - 2 bunch
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Urad dal - 4 tbsp
- Toor dal - 3 tbsp
- Red chilly - 1 or 2
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Coconut pieces - ¼ cup
- Jaggery - a little
- Tamarind - a little
- Salt to taste
- Wash the coriander bunch and chop them into tiny pieces.
- Take a fry pan and heat a tbsp of oil.
- Add urad dal, toor dal, red chilly and cumin seeds.
- Roast to golden.
- Take it aside.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves and sauté well.
- In a blender, grind grated coconut pieces .
- Add roasted urad dal , toor dal, red chilly and cumin seeds.
- Grind it to coarse pwd.
- Add sauted coriander leaves, jaggery ( optional ) , tamarind, salt and grind further adding little water.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Delicious & healthy Kothumalli thuvaiyal ready to taste.
- The shelf life of thuvaiyal can be increased, if coconut is not used.