Karuveppilai Chutney / Curry Leaves Chutney
Curry Leaves Chutney: ( karuveppilai Chutney )
Curry leaves is one of the prime ingredient in most of the South Indian dishes. It is popular for its rich aroma and health benefits & used as a vital seasoning..!
This Chutney made of curry leaves has a distinctive flavor and it is a great accompaniment with many dishes like hot soft idlies, crispy dosa and even plain rice.
Some of the medicinal facts of Curry Leaves:
- It helps in nourishing root hairs and prevents premature greying of hair.
- Tender Curry leaves are helpful in treating diarrohea, dysentery and piles.
- In curing skin eruptions and minor skin infections.
- Used as an eye treatment for certain eye disorders and arrests the development of eye cataract.
- Helps in curing diabetes due to obesity.
- As an external applicant in insect stings and bites of poisonous creatures.
Lets see the preparation of healthy curry leaves chutney recipe…
- Curry leaves - 1 cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Urad dal - 2 tbsp
- Red chilly - 2
- Coconut pieces - ½ cup
- Tamarind - a little
- Asafetida - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Wash and drain the water completely from curry leaves.
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Sauté urad dal and roast to golden.
- Fry red chillies.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Add curry leaves and sauté in low flame till they turn crispy.
- Grind coconut pieces in a blender.
- Now add roasted urad dal, red chilly and grind further.
- Add salt, curry leaves, tamarind, asafetida, jaggery ( optional ) and grind to coarse paste by adding required water.
- Fresh n tasty curry leaves chutney ready..!!!