Coconut Poli / Thenga Poli
Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
Coconut Poli is a wonderful Indian recipe...!!!
This delicacy is made especially during festival times. I learnt this traditional sweet recipe from my Mother-in-law. It was so tasty and delicious and my kids couldn t stop having one after other.
This festival favorite sweet poli can be prepared with coconut or dhal. And it can be stored for two to three days or more days if kept in fridge.
Here comes the yummy and puffy poli recipe..hope you enjoy..!
- Maida / all purpose flour - 2 cups
- Freshly Grated coconut -1 ½ cup
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Cashew - 6
- Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
- Roasted semolina - 1 tsp
- Rice flour - 3 tbsp
- In a bowl, take all purpose flour, add little water, a pinch of salt and a tbsp of oil.
- Make a soft dough and keep it covered for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a non stick pan, add jaggery and little water.
- Heat in medium flame with stirring.
- When it melts, strain it.
- Grind grated coconut and cashew.
- Add this mixture to the jaggery water.
- Add cardamom pwd and stir well in medium heat.
- Add roasted semolina and remove from heat, when the mixture turns thick.
- Allow to cool and make small balls.
- Now take small ball out of the maida dough.
- Make it into a cup.
- Take the small coconut ball, stuff it inside the cup.
- Dust it with rice flour.
- Roll it to thin circle.
- Heat a girdle or tawa on stove.
- Put the flattened poli and smear some ghee.
- Once it turns golden, flip to other side.
- Enjoy hot the sweet poli...!
- Yummy and delicious coconut poli ready to taste..:)
Have a Nice day..!!!