Medu Vada is one of the traditional South Indian delicacy. This famous fried snack has an integral part in almost all functions...!
It is an excellent breakfast menu with hot spongy Idlis, crispy golden dosa, ghee flavored pongal dunked in spicy sambar..and with yummy sweet pongal...!!!
I too love this piping hot deep fried crispy Medu vadas with coconut chutney !!! YUM ..!
Here comes the easy to follow healthy Medu vada recipe..:)
- Urad dal - 2 ½ cup
- Raw rice - 2 tbsp
- Green chilly - 2
- Peppercorns - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1
- Asafetida pwd - a pinch
- Curry & coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Wash and soak urad dal and a tbsp of raw rice in water for 1 hr.
- Drain the water and grind it by adding salt, 1 green chilly.
- Transfer the batter to a bowl.
- Add crushed peppercorns, finely chopped onion, green chilly, curry and coriander leaves
- Mix well by adding a pinch of asafetida pwd.
- Heat oil in deep pan for frying.
- Take small portion of batter.
- Shape into Vadas and deep fry to golden brown.
- Crispy, tempting Medu Vadas ready!
Meet you in next post…until then,
Take Care ...bye...