Ghee Rice / Nei Choru / Nei Sadam
Ghee Rice ( Nei Choru ) Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Ghee Rice is a Kids favorite & healthy recipe...!
I tasted this rice , when I visited a friends house and I liked it very much. In this recipe, the flavored rice ( Basmati Rice ) is cooked in clarified butter or ghee, aromatic spices and with lots of onions and finally seasoned with golden roasted cashew and raisins.
This rich dish is simple to cook and made for special occasions like birthdays, weddings or other festive occasions.
Here comes the traditional dish of Indian Cuisine - Ghee Rice recipe..Hope you would like it too..!!!
- Basmati Rice - 2 cups
- Ghee - ¼ cup
- Onion thinly sliced - 2 cups
- Cinnamon - 1
- Cloves - 4
- Bay leaves - 2
- Cardamom - 3
- Cashew - 5
- Raisins - 7
- Ginger garlic paste - ½ tbsp
- Salt for taste
- Coriander leaves
- Wash basmati rice thoroughly and drain the water.
- Heat the clarified butter / ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Roast cashew and raisins to golden.
- Take it aside.
- Add cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves and cardamom and sauté for a minute.
- Add the onion slices and sauté on high for few seconds.
- Then lower the flame and sauté till it turns golden brown and soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté further for 2 mins.
- Now add drained Basmati rice and sauté gently.
- Transfer this to a pressure cooker and add 3 ½ cups water and salt.
- Cook until the rice is done.
- Fluff the rice grains with a fork.
- Garnish with roasted cashew, raisins and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Sending the following entries to Only Greens Event,
hosted by Sara and Started by Foodelicious ..!