Vegetable Biryani Recipe
Vegetable Biryani: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
This is a very exotic rice dish with spicy vegetables. The rich aroma makes this dish very inviting among kids n all. Also, this biryani is a special dish on party occasions and goes very well with onion raita or any curries. This is a complete meal in itself and healthy as it has all the vegetables required and takes very less effort to prepare.
Glad to share this delicious vegetable biryani recipe with you…!!!
- Raw rice - 2 cup
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 2
- Carrot - 1
- Potato - 1
- Beans - 50 g
- Peas - ¼ cup
- Green chilly - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon - 1
- Cloves - 3
- Saunf - ¼ tsp
- Cumin - ½ tsp
- Black pepper pwd - ¼ tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
- Yoghurd - small cup
- Mint leaves - handful
- Cashew - 5
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash rice and soak in water for 10 mins.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan
- Sauté cinnamon, cloves, saunf, cumin for half a minute.
- Then add chopped onion and fry till the color changes to pink.
- Add green chillies, ginger garlic paste, black pepper pwd and sauté for a minute.
- Add salt and red chilly pwd, garam masala pwd and stir well.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and fry till they are cooked.
- Add all the chopped thin pieces of vegetables and green peas and fry .
- Next add yoghurd and stir well.
- Turn off the flame.
- Heat a tbsp ghee in a pressure pan.
- Add rice and sauté for a minute.
- Add the above veg mixture and combine well.
- Sprinkle finely chopped mint leaves and sauté for a minute.
- Add 3 ½ cups of water and combine.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle and simmer for 5 mins.
- Once the pressure goes off, open the lid and mix well with very light hands.
- Decorate with golden roasted cashew and fresh coriander leaves
- Serve hot with onion raita…:)