MorKuzhambu Recipe / Thayir Vadai Kuzhambu / step by step recipe
Hy Friends, Today, I m happy to share with you one of my favorite South Indian traditional Morkuzhambu recipe...!
I learnt this simple & tasty recipe from my Granma, who is excellent in preparing authentic dishes. This kuzhambu is a comfort food, when u have plenty of curds and very quick to prepare too...!
Also, this is a special dish prepared during festive and special occasions. This yummy n creamy kuzhambu is done with vadas as well as veggies…!!!
Try this scrumptious Morkuzhambu recipe and u will surely love it....:))
- Yoghurd - 2 cup
- Rice - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Toor dal - 1 tbsp
- Green chilly - 1 or 2
- Ginger - small piece
- Coconut pieces - ¼ cup
- Turmeric pwd - a pinch
- Asafetida - a pinch
- Red chilly - 2
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Cumin - 2 tsp
- Split urad dal - ½ tsp
- Curry and coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Soak rice and dhal together for 20 mins.
- Grind green chillies, ginger, coconut, cumin with the soaked rice and dal to fine paste.
- Whisk/ beat the yoghurd with salt and turmeric pwd
- Fry medu vada in hot oil to golden and keep ready.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Temper with asafetida, curry leaves, red chilly, mustard, cumin and split urad dal.
- Add the ground paste and sauté till raw smell disappears.
- Now add curd to it.
- Mix well and allow to boil.
- Add fried vada and simmer for 5 mins.
- Remove from flame.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Morkuzhambu is ready to be served with steamed white rice....:)
Morkuzhambu tastes divine with veggies too....!!
Any veggies like okra, beans, potato, carrot, drumstick, cucumber, pumpkin or ashgourd will be ideal for preparing morkuzhambu…!