Kalakala Sweet - Diamond Snack
Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
Kalakala is a traditional South Indian snack recipe. This tasty snack can be prepared both sweet n hot in very less time and can be stored in air tight container up to 3 or 4 weeks...!
The roasted kalakala should look in golden brown with crispy texture. My mom would make this often ..while we are kids and it makes an excellent crunchy snack with tea...!
Really the proportion matters a lot for this recipe, the dough shouldn t be loose or watery...!!
Here is the recipe of our favorite diamond snack Kalakala..:)
- Maida / All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Cardamom - a pinch
- Oil to fry
- Take the maida flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add ½ cup water to sugar and slightly warm it to dissolve.
- Add this sugar mix, butter to the maida flour and mix into dough by sprinkling a pinch of salt and cardamom pwd.
- Knead it to thick (shouldn t be watery ) soft dough and keep it aside for 20 mins
- Make lemon sized balls with the dough.
- Roll it into chapathi shape
- Cut it into small diamond shapes
- Fry the pieces to slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oil, drain and set aside
- Sweety crispy snack is ready for you to enjoy…:))
By storing it in air tight container, the crispyness will stand weeks together...!!!
This diamond snack can also be prepared hot… instead of sugar water, add salt, pepper pwd and water to maida flour and knead to dough and repeat the same procedure. Hot n crispy diamond snack is ready in your hands now...!!!
Meet you in next post…until then...take care n bye ...