Garlic Chutney / Belluli Chutney / Easy Chutney Recipes
Today, I prepared my fav combo hot soft idlies and spicy garlic chutney. This is one of the popular chutney of Indian cuisine made with fresh garlic and dried red chilly. This chutney has a strong garlic flavor and very tasty. It is an easy recipe and takes only minutes.
Garlic chutney serves as an excellent side dish with idli, dosa, roti or can be used in sandwiches and on a simple toast. This Chutney/dip is great for appetizers and snacks. When added to hot soup, it thickens the consistency and enhances flavor.
Garlic not only makes food hot and spicy, it aids in the healing and even prevention of certain medical conditions. It has more health benefits, such as treating allergies, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, toothaches and warts. It has powerful health boosting effects on our body.
Here comes the recipe of authentic spicy garlic chutney…:)
- Grated coconut - 2 cups
- Garlic - 4 to 5 pods
- Red chilly - 1 or 2
- Tamarind - a little
- Oil - 4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Grind coconut to fine pieces.
- Peel the garlic pods and keep ready.
- Sauté the garlic in oil until they are no more raw.
- Add red chilly, coconut pieces and roast further for a min.
- Grind this sauté with salt and little tamarind pulp in a blender.
- Add little water and once again grind to smooth paste.
- Temper with seasonings and add a tsp of gingely oil and mix well.
- Healthy and spicy garlic chutney ready to taste.
- Serve it with hot idly or dosa and enjoy ..:)
Apple Juice recipe