Spicy Mango Pickle /Home made Indian Pickle
Spicy Mango Pickle: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Spicy pickles are very important side dish in Indian meal.
Pickles enhances the taste of the meal and increases the satisfaction after every meal. Indians wherever they live, go craze for home made spicy pickles...!
This tangy and spicy pickle is easy to prepare with right ingredients and can be preserved for months in an air tight container. This tasty pickle goes best with anything…even parathas…!
Here is the spicy recipe to tickle your tongue…:)
- Firm mangoes - 2
- Crushed mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
- Crushed Fenugreek seeds - ½ tbsp
- Crushed saunf - ¼ tbsp
- Red chillies crushed - ¾ cup
- Oil - 1 cup
- Salt - ½ cup
- Turmeric pwd - ½ tbsp
- Grate mangoes to fine pieces.
- Sprinkle rock salt and turmeric pwd and mix well.
- Transfer to a china or earthen pickle jar and cover the mouth with a white cotton cloth.
- Keep in sun with shaking once in a while for 2 days.
- On the third day, drain the water content completely by using a stainer
- Spread out on a kitchen towel for 1 hour.
- In a glass or plastic bowl, mix crushed mustard, fenugreek, saunf and red chillies.
- You can add more chilly pwd, if you like more spice.
- Add the mangoes and pour half of the oil.
- Mix very well with a spatula.
- Transfer to a clean dry jar and press down the spicy picke lightly.
- Pour the remaining oil on top.
- The pickle should have a layer of oil always floating on top.
- You can use this spicy mango pickle for longer time, even without refrigerating.
- Mouth watering spicy mango pickle now ready to give a taste.
- Serve this tangy pickle with any rice dishes or even chapattis and parathas...!!!
Keep Smiling & Take Care…!