Paneer Pakora ( Cottage Cheese Fritters )
I tried today, one of the popular Indian recipe, Paneer Pakora, and it came on really good. This is one of the variety of delicious snacks, which tantalizes the taste buds. This simple pakora delicacy is prepared with paneer chunks coated with besan flour, spice pwds and deep fried to golden crisp. This serves best as a tea time snack or a starter before the main course.
Am glad to share my favorite Paneer Pakora Recipe with you here…
- Paneer - 250 g
- Gram / chickpea / besan flour - 1 cup
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Mango pwd - ½ tsp
- Roasted cumin pwd - ½ tsp
- Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
- Oil to fry
- Salt to taste
- Cut paneer into thick medium sized square shaped pieces.
- Prepare green chutney and keep ready.
- Remove a small portion of paneer from the centre top and fill it with green chutney.
- In a bowl, mix, gram flour, red chilly pwd, mango pwd, roasted cumin pwd, garam masala pwd and salt.
- Add little water and beat the mixture to form a thick & smooth batter.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Dip the paneer pieces, into the batter and deep fry on medium heat.
- Fry the paneer pakora, until it turns golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any fresh chutney.
This recipe participates in my own event “ Letz Relishh – Paneer “