Mutton Biryani / Easy Biryani Recipes
Mutton Biryani is one of the most exquisite, loved and favored dish in India. This is my Mom’s delicious recipe. The very thought of this biryani, will tickle the taste buds , which involves mutton pieces cooked in aromatic spices, ginger, garlic, mint leaves and yoghurd.
This rice dish has a prime place in most of the special occasions and get together parties…!!!
Here is the easy to follow recipe for you to giv a try…:)
- Mutton - ½ kg
- Basmati rice - 2 cup
- Green chilly - 2 or 3
- Ginger - ½ inch piece
- Garlic - 6 pods
- Cashew - 5
- Fried onion pieces - ¼ cup
- Yoghurd - 1 small cup
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 2
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - a pinch
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
- Biryani masala pwd - ½ tbsp
- Fresh lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped mint and coriander leaves
- Cloves - 3
- Cinnamon - 1
- Carmamom - 1
- Saunf - ½ tsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Bay leaf - 1
- Marathi moggu - 1
- Wash mutton and drain water completely.
- Make a paste of green chillies, ginger, garlic, cashew and fried onion.
- Add ½ cup yoghurd to the paste and marinate the mutton pieces thoroughly for ½ an hour.
- Meanwhile, wash basmati rice and soak in water for 5 mins.
- Drain and keep it aside.
- Chop onion, tomato to pieces.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pressure pan.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, saunf, cumin, bay leaves and marati moggu and allow to crackle.
- Add onion pieces and fry to golden.
- Add, mint and coriander leaves and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd and combine well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir till oil separates.
- Now add the marinated mutton and sauté for 5 mins.
- Add 1 cup of water and pressure cook it, upto 3 whistles.
- Once the pressure goes, remove the lid and mix the contents.
- Now add the drained basmati rice, biryani masala pwd, yoghurd and salt.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water and combine well.
- Turn on the heat again
- Pressure cook upto 1 whistle and simmer the flame for 5 more mins.
- Turn off the flame.
- Once pressure is off, remove the lid, add a tbsp of fresh lemon juice and combine gently.
- Serve hot with onion raita or any gravy.
- Tasty n spicy Mutton Biryani ready to enjoy…:)
Meet you in next post…!!!
Lots of Love