Happy Ganesh Chathurthi / Poornam Kozhukatai
Happy Ganesh Chathurthi
Ganesh Chathurthi is a special time, when family and friends get together for fun…!
In this festive season...
Wishing you laughter and fun to cheer your days…!
Wishing you happiness as big as Ganesh’s appetite…
Life as long as his trunk..
Trouble as small as his mouse..
And happy moments as sweet as his Ladoos..
Sending you wishes on Ganesh chathurthi…:)
HAPPY GANESH POOJA…!
Here is the recipe for poornam kozhukatai, which is a favorite sweet prepared for Neivadyam of Lord Ganesh…!
- Raw rice - 1 cup
- Gingely oil - 1 tsp
- Black sesame seeds - 1 cup
- Cashew - 6
- Jaggery powdered - 1 small cup
- Cardamom - 2
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste ( dough )
To prepare outer dough:
- Soak raw rice for 1 hr.
- Drain the water completely and spread the damp rice in a cotton towel for 30 mins.
- Now grind the rice to fine pwd in blender.
- Sieve the floor to remove small granules.
- Now rice flour is ready to prepare outer covering.
- In a thick bottomed vessel, boil ½ cup of water.
- When it comes to boil, add a tsp of gingely oil and dump the floor all at once.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix it thoroughly until you get a soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside.
- Outer covering of kozhukatai is ready.
To prepare filling:
- For preparing poornam, dry roast the black sesame seeds till it crackles.
- Allow to cool.
- Grind it to coarse pwd by adding cashew, jaggery and cardamom.
- Heat a tbsp of ghee in a frying pan.
- Add this poornam and sauté for 1 min.
- Tasty poornam ready for filling.
To prepare Kozhukatai:
- Take a small lemon sized ball of the dough.
- Apply oil to your palms and press the dough softly to make a disc in your palm.
- Place half a spoon full of the filling carefully .
- Close disc to make a ball and slightly pull in one side to make coconut shape as in pic.
- Steam cook for 10 mins.
- Healthy and tasty poornam kozhukatai ready to enjoy…
Keep Smiling & Take Care…!