Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken Tikka Masala: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Chicken Tikka Masala is a westernized Indian dish and a delight for all non veg lovers. This is a tangy and very popular party recipe. It has the perfect blend of spices and flavor. This tasty gravy dish pairs excellent with Rotis, Naan or white rice
In this recipe, pre marinated pieces of chicken, is grilled and then added to thick creamy spiced gravy. And the taste is simply amazing…!!!
Here is the quick and simple recipe of Chicken Tikka Masala…:)
For Chicken Tikka:
- Chicken boneless - 500 g
- Yoghurd - ¼ cup
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Cumin pwd - 1 tsp
- Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
- Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
- Lemon juice - 5 tsp
- Vegetable oil - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwd - a pinch
- Cumin pwd - ½ tsp
- Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
This is a two step process.
First , we have to get ready chicken tikka and then simultaneously getting gravy ready and mixing them both in simmer.
To prepare Chicken Tikka:
- Chop chicken to small pieces. Drain away excess water.
- Mix all the ingredients for marinade
- Immerse chicken in the marinade and leave aside for 2 hrs.
- Grill the chicken for 5 mins or until it turns golden brown with burnt marks.
- Do not overcook,..! Ensure you baste chicken pieces with butter or oil, so that it remains tender and moist.
- Now remove chicken and keep warm.
To prepare Masala:
- Heat oil in a fry pan
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry a little.
- Add chopped onion and sauté in high flame.
- Slightly caramelize the onions, this enhances its flavor for this dish.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and continue frying in medium flame, till oil separates.
- Add turmeric pwd, cumin pwd, coriander pwd, red chilly pwd and salt.
- Mix well and fry for few more mins.
- Drop the chicken pieces and simmer the flame.
- Reduce the flame to low and sauté it for 5 mins, as it absorbs the flavors.
- Add milk slowly with continous stirring.
- Add little sugar and garam masala pwd and combine well.
- Once the gravy is of right consistency, turn off the flame.
- Garnish with pearl onion rings and fresh mint leaves
- Serve hot with Naan, White rice or Roti..!
Have a great day…:)