Here is the recipe for the delicious Chana Masala from my Mom’s kitchen. This is a really easy to make Indian Curry. Channa is a good source of protein , zinc, folate, vitamin E, potassium , dietary fibre & iron. Filled with soluble fibre, which helps in lowering cholesterol and helps stabilizing blood sugar.
In this recipe healthy chickpeas are cooked and added to freshly ground spices, onion and tomato. This tangy and pleasantly spicy curry makes a perfect side dish for chapatis, rotis, parantha or main course.
Here is the most popular and spicy recipe …:)
- Kabuli chana / chick peas - 1 cup
- Onion - 3
- Tomato - 2
- Green chilly - 1 or 2
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seed - ½ tsp
- Bay leaves - handful
- Ginger - small piece
- Garlic - 5 pods
- Coriander pwd - ½ tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - a pinch
- Chilli pwd - ½ tbsp
- Garam masala pwd - ½ tbsp
- Chana masala pwd - ½ tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves - handful
- Soak chick peas overnight in water.
- Pressure cook until it is tender.
- Chop onion , tomato, green chilli and grind it to paste along with ginger garlic.
- Heat some butter in frying pan.
- Add cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add bay leaves and sauté.
- Now add the paste and fry on medium until it turns golden brown.
- Once the oil separates, add coriander pwd and fry for some time.
- Add turmeric pwd, chilli pwd and salt to taste.
- Add garam masala and chana masala and again fry for some time.
- Mix well and add little water to make thick gravy.
- Add the cooked chana and stir well.
- Simmer the gravy for 4 to 6 mins.
- Garnish with coriander, mint leaves and onion rings.
- Yummy, tasty chana masala ready to enjoy…
- Serve hot with chapattis, puris, parathas or rice.
Akila from Akila’s kitchen has presented this awesome certificate …Thanx dear..!
Wishing you many more success...!!!
Do visit her space to enjoy new interesting recipes…!!!
Glad to send Chana Masala recipe to Nithu’s healthy CWB-LB: Chickpeas Event..!
Keep Smiling & Take Care…!