Tomato Rice / Thakkali Sadam
Tomato Rice ( Thakkali Sadam )
Tomato rice is a very refreshing and flavorful recipe. This tastes delicious and immensely simple to prepare with few ingredients in our kitchen shelf. And this is the most favorite variety rice dish in our house, especially when we have to get ready the lunch box in the busy morning hours. Tomatoes and rice makes the perfect combination of flavor. Here chopped tomatoes are sauted with spices and then added to rice.
Here is the yummy Indian recipe for you to giv a try..:)
· Raw rice - 1 cup
· Tomato - 3
· Onion - 2
· Green chilly - 2 or 3
· Peas - ¼ cup
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
· Ghee - 1 tbsp
· Oil - 1 tbsp
· Cloves - 2
· Cinnamon - 1
· Saunf - ½ tsp
· Cardamom - 2
· Salt to taste
· Coriander leaves
1. Wash and soak raw rice for 10 mins.
2. Drain water completely and keep it aside.
3. In a frying pan, heat a tbsp of ghee.
4. Add cloves, cinnamon,saunf, cardamom and allow to splutter.
5. Add 1 tbsp of oil in the same pan.
6. Add ginger garlic paste, sauté for a minute.
7. Add green chilllies and onion.
8. Fry till it turns light brown.
9. Add finely chopped tomato pieces.
10. Fry till it is cooked.
11. Now add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, peas and salt.
12. Add rice combine well.
13. Add 1 ½ cup water and cook it.
14. Once it is done, mix gently.
15. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
16. Serve hot with onion raitha and potato chips.
17. Delicious Tomato rice ready to give a taste…!!!
Participates in Sanyukta Gour(Bayes)
Multi Veg Jeera Rice
Sabudana Kheer ( Javvarisi Payasam )