Makkan Peda / Arcot Sweet - Diwali Sweets
Makkan Peda: ( Arcot Sweet ) For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Makkan Peda is a delicious sweet dish from the South Indian Cuisine. Also, it is familiar by the name “ Arcot Sweet “, as this sweet hails from North Arcot district of Tamilnadu. Makkan Peda tastes divine, and this sweet treat, is a boon to all sweet lovers.
This recipe , I learnt from my neighbor, who is great chef in making sweets. I followed her instructions and it came out with excellent result with simple steps. Am happy to share this recipe with you all…!!!
Give a try and let me know how u enjoyed…:)
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Sugarless khova - 250 g
- All purpose flour - ½ cup
- Yoghurd - ¾ cup
- Baking soda pwd - a pinch
- Almond - 8
- Cashew - 10
- Pista - 5 to 7
- Raisins - ¼ cup
- Pumpkin seeds - 1 tbsp
- Saffron - few strands
- Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
- Ghee to fry
To prepare Sugar syrup:
- Take sugar in a bowl.
- Add water till it immerse.
- Allow to boil in low flame with stirring.
- Once the sugar syrup turns oily consistency, turn off the flame.
- Add few saffron strands and cardamom pwd.
- Mix well.
To Prepare Pedas:
- Take sugarless khova, all purpose flour in a bowl and knead well.
- Add yoghurd, a pinch of baking soda pwd and knead to smooth soft dough.
- Cover and keep it aside for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, grate almond, cashew & pistachio to fine pieces.
- With this add raisins and pumpkin seeds, mix together.
- Keep ready this stuffing ingredients.
- Now, make small lemon sized balls out of the dough.
- Press it to cup shape and place a spoonful of stuffing inside.
- Close it carefully to round shape again.
- Gently flatten it and keep aside.
- Repeat the same with all the remaining dough and stuffing.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan.
- Deep fry in medium flame to golden brown color on both sides.
- Take it aside and immerse in warm sugar syrup.
- Allow to soak well for about 3 to 4 hrs till , the pedas absorb all the sugar syrup to it.
- Garnish with grated cashew, pista and almond nuts
- Delicious , mouth watery Makkan Peda is ready to enjoy…!!!