One of my favorites and this is a very popular Indian recipe. Fried coconut and seasonings are added to cooked rice and garnished with ghee roasted cashew, curry and coriander leaves. This dish is very easy to prepare and tastes mind blowing, if you have fresh grated coconut. Also this serves as a perfect recipe for any special occasion coz of its rich flavor of toasted coconut in ghee. It pairs best with spicy potato fry and hot chips.
Here is the super simple recipe for delicious coconut rice …:)
- Raw rice - 1 cup
- Coconut pieces - 2 cups
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cashew - 5 to 6
- Gingely oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard - ¼ tsp
- Split urad dal - ½ tsp
- Gram dal - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Asafetida - a pinch
- Red chilly - 2 or 3
- Salt to taste
- Curry and coriander leaves
- Wash and soak raw rice for 10 mins.
- Pressure cook it and allow to cool.
- Add a tsp of gingely oil and spread in a bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a fry pan.
- Add coconut flowers and sauté in low flame.
- Take it aside.
- Roast cashew nuts to golden and take aside.
- Fry mustard, split urad dal, gram dal, cumin seeds, curry leaves, asafetida and red chilly.
- Now mix, rice, coconut flowers, seasonings, cashew and salt.
- Combine gently.
- Serve hot with coriander leaves garnishing.
- Delicious and healthy coconut rice ready to taste.
Sending this to Neha 's lovely "Kids menu event"