Sundakkai Kuzhambu / Turkeyberry Curry
For more Video recipes Subscribe here
Sundakkai Kuzhambu:I love Sundakkai in vatha kuzhambu…one of my fav dish ever ..!
It tastes delicious with steamed white rice & roasted pappad. I learnt this recipe from my MIL and this recipe is very good and am happy to share it with u all.
Sundakkai or Turkey berries is a medicinal veggie and it is good for stomach. It has been considered as a good
antidote for worms in stomach & for treating stomach ulcers. By using it as a regular dietary supplement, one can control blood pressure, diabetes and kidney, liver disorders. Also it helps to generate more healthy juices in the pancreas, which ultimately helps in the well being & physical fitness.
Herez the simple and tasty recipe for Sundakkai Kuzhambu…:))
·Sundakkai / Turkey berries - 1 cup
·Small onion - 12 to 15
·Garlic - 10 pods
·Tamarind - a lemon size
·Oil - 3 tbsp
·Mustard - ½ tsp
·Cumin - ½ tbsp
·Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
·Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
·Coriander pwd - ½ tbsp
·Pepper pwd - ½ tbsp
·Tomato - 1
·Fenugreek - 1 tsp
·Curry leaves - 5 to 7
·Coriander leaves - handful
·Salt to taste
1. Wash and chop Sundakkai / berries into halves.
2. Soak tamarind in a cup of water.
3. Heat sesame oil in a frying pan.
4. Temper with mustard, cumin and curry leaves.
5. Add garlic and sauté to golden.
6. Add chopped onion, fry to transculent.
7. Add berries, sauté for 3 to 4 mins.
8. Now add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd , pepper pwd, salt and allow to mix well.
9. Add chopped tomato, sauté until it is cooked.
10. Add thick tamarind pulp, a cup of water and allow to cook covered.
11. Meanwhile, dry roast the mustard, fenugreek and cumin seeds.
12. Allow to cool and powder them.’
13. Once the berries are cooked and kuzhambu got thickened to the desired consistencey, add this pwd and combine.
14. Turn off the flame after 2 to 3 mins.
15. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
16. Serve hot with white steamed rice with a tsp of ghee.