Sabudana Kheer / (Javvarisi Payasam)
Sabudana Kheer ( Javvarisi Payasam )
Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
I love Sabudana payasam, it has always been a sort of comfort food. This is a traditional light dessert, served in all South Indian festival meals. This payasam is easy to cook and tastes fabulous…! Sabudana are pearl like balls made of tapioca flour like sago.
I am excited to share my favorite recipe with you all...:-)
·Sabudana / Javvarisi - 1 cup
·Milk - 3 cup
·Moong dal - 1 ½ tbsp
·Ghee - 2 tsp
·Sugar - 1 cup
·Cardamom pwd - a pinch
·Cashew - 4 or 5
·Badam - 3
·Raisins - 7
1. Wash Sabudana or javvarisi and drain all the water.
2. Add milk to thick bottomed pan and heat it.
3. Add Sabudana, moong dal and allow to boil with stirring.
4. Once Sabudana turns sticky and glassy appearance, add sugar and stir well.
5. Turn off the flame.
6. Heat a tsp of ghee.
7. In the hot ghee, roast cashew, badam and raisins to golden.
8. Garnish payasam with roasted nuts, cardamom pwd and serve hot or cold.
9. Delicious and healthy Sabudana Payasam ready to taste....:)